BOXING welcomes one of its brightest stars back to Teofimo Lopez as he takes on George Kambosos Jr in New York City.
Lopez hasn’t been in the ring since he beat Vasyl Lomachenko exceptionally over a year ago due to a host of issues.
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £ 10 BONUS WITH 100S OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (General conditions apply)
The Brooklyn fighter was supposed to fight IBF mandatory challenger Kambosos in June on a Triller show, but fell out with Covid weeks before the fight.
It was pushed back to August and then to two different dates in October, as Triller promoters sought to find a suitable night to place the fight.
Eventually, Triller was stripped of his rights to promote the bout by the IBF, and the next highest bidder was Eddie Hearn and DAZN’s Matchroom, who quickly set a date and location.
When did Lopez vs. Kambosos Jr?
- Teofimo Lopez’s clash with George Kambosos Jr will take place on Saturday, November 27.
- The fight will take place at the Hulu Theater in Madison Square Garden in New York City.
- There will be full capacity for combat.
- UK fans can expect the ring walks to start at 4 a.m. GMT on the morning of Sunday, November 28.
What channel is this and can it be streamed live?
- Lopez vs Kambosos Jr will be broadcast live on DAZN in the UK.
- You can live stream the action from the DAZN app, which is available for download to your mobile device, tablet, or smart TV.
- To subscribe to DAZN, go to their website and sign up for £ 7.99 per month.
Lopez vs Kambosos Jr FULL CARD
- Teofimo Lopez vs. George Kambosos Jr
- Azinga Fuzile vs. Kenichi Ogawa
- Zhilei Zhang VS Bernard Marquez
- Ramla Ali vs. TBA
- Raymond Ford vs. Félix Caraballo
- Reshat Mati vs. Gregory Trenel
What did they say?
“[At my gym] we put a photo of us during the face-to-face “, Kambosos noted.
“I looked a soulless child who is on a leash in the eye. I saw that he can’t do anything on his own.
“That’s why I crossed out his eyes because I don’t need to look him in the eye. I saw what I saw in the confrontation and that’s why he no longer has never been the same since. “
Lopez said, “He’s in trouble, a lot of trouble. He is going to be slaughtered.
“One round (that’s all it’s gonna last) because all this talk isn’t working.
“You (Kambosos) were in two fights which were split decisions against Mickey Bey and Lee Selby. I’m not Mickey Bey. I’m not Lee Selby.”